The DESIGN FUTURES project aims at enhancing the capacities of teachers in competence-based education by developing and delivering teaching and learning modules that will enable them to embed highly innovative pedagogies of Design Thinking and the Maker Education in school curricula that can contribute to the development of the 21st-century skills, such as critical thinking, problem-solving, interpersonal skills, entrepreneurial initiative, media and Information literacy, and more. These pedagogies offer an interactive, open-ended, student-driven, multidisciplinary experience that enhances the development of diverse skills, knowledge, and ways of thinking.
The project’s objectives, regarding its two primary target groups, namely teachers and students, are:
- To support individuals in acquiring and developing basic skills and key competences, including innovative teaching methods for the teachers and 21st century skills for the students.
- To develop innovative teaching and learning modules for equipping students with key skills and competences needed for innovation and employability.
- To enhance teachers’ professional development by supporting them to apply innovative teaching practices related to competence-based education.
- To support educators in embedding the Design Thinking and Maker Education in their classroom through the DESIGN FUTURES curriculum, by equipping them with tools, methodologies and ready-to-use materials.
- To engage with schools, parents, policy makers in order to build an ecosystem that supports initiatives which that expose children to Making at an early age, so they can use the tools of Making to solve problems, gain confidence, and develop a sense of agency.
Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
DesignAthon Works, The Netherlands
Stimmuli for social change, Greece
Aristoteleio College, Greece