liWe carry out RESEARCH on a variety of topics related to social innovation, education, (social) entrepreneurship and sustainable development by employing a mix of tools and approaches which usually take the following forms:
- State of the art analysis: we analyse the most recent trends, techniques and achievements in a given scientific or professional field.
- Training needs analysis: We carry out primary research and provide contextual and cross-country insights about the training and education needs, gaps, expectations, and experiences of a variety of target groups (from children to adults), that can influence the shape of any educational intervention.
- Best practice research: We produce case study evidence and best practice analysis that can inform and inspire.
- Evaluation and Impact assessment: We carry out evaluation and impact assessment studies of project, programmes and initiatives in the field of education, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Research and policy design: We carry out research that cuts across different disciplines and policies to highlight good practices, analyse implications and support evidence-based policy innovations.
Our work METHODOLOGY employs both qualitative and quantitative tools and it is based upon participatory action research methodologies.
EXAMPLES of our work:
- State of the art on Design Thinking and Maker Education: We have provided the theoretical foundations around Design Thinking and Maker Education pedagogies and captured existing formal, informal, non-formal practices, that include a design thinking and/or a maker education approach, for informing the project’s curriculum and training.
- Research on the progress of implementing the Small Business Act in Greece, focusing on key performance indicators and national policy developments related to the SBA’s 10 policy dimensions.
- Using Evaluation Research as a Means for Policy Analysis in a ‘New’ Mission-Oriented Policy Context
- INNO-Appraisal. Understanding Evaluation of Innovation Policy in Europe
- Field Research on the state of migration in Greece during 2014- 2017.