INTERACTed is a project that aims to support primary school teachers to integrate interactive digital narratives (IDNs) to develop the social-emotional intelligence and empathy of their students, enabling them to deliver high quality inclusive digital education. The scope of INTERACTed is to use Cognitive-Cognitive-Emotional Theory and Emotion Driven Interactive Digital Storytelling to support school teachers to learn how to provide playful and engaging socio-emotional learning (SEM) to support children affected by COVID-19. The INTERACTed approach seeks to create personalized, thoughtful solutions using a design-based research methodology that incorporates the use of an initial needs assessment and an iterative process with frontline teachers.
The objectives of INTERACTed, are as follows:
- to enhance school-teachers’ digital capacity in use of interactive digital narrative tools for socio-emotional intelligence and empathy in their everyday classroom routine;
- to enhance the capacity of educators to safeguard for the inclusive nature of digital learning experiences, through practical how-to guides and tools;
- promote students’ engagement with innovative digital tools and strengthen their socio-emotional intelligence and empathy;
- promote awareness on the potential of interactive digital narratives to develop student’s emotional intelligence and empathy capacity.
1. The Square Dot team (BE)
2. SYNTHESIS CENTER FOR RESEARCH AND EDUCATION LIMITED (CY)
3. CENTRO STUDI PLURIVERSUM SRL (IT)
4. DANMAR COMPUTERS SP ZOO (PL)
5. SkillsUp Training & Research Services (NL)
6. Blenders vzw (BE)
7. 7o DIMOTIKO SXOLEIO ALEXANDRIAS (GR)
8. De Cirkel (NL)
9. STIMUULI for social change (GR)