The purpose of the SeBI project is to identify the key challenges that educational systems face in areas were the determination of the Best Interest of the Child is a prerequisite, and prepare methods, tools and processes to support evidence-based policy making supporting school leaders, teachers and policymakers. It is placed under the Erasmus + KA3 Social inclusion and common values: the contribution in the field of education and training. The principle according to which one should always consider the ‘Best Interests of the Child’ (BIC) is part of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child and although there is not a single specific definition of ‘Best interests’, its determination usually describes the formal process designed to determine the child’s best interests for particularly important decisions affecting the child, which facilitates adequate child participation without discrimination and involves decision-makers with relevant areas of expertise, having the child’s ultimate safety and well-being at the centre of the focus.
If you are a teacher or a headteacher, you can find interesting educational material in our project’s learning platform!
Specific aims of the SEBI project are:
- to facilitate the growth of EU societies as advanced knowledge-based societies and enhance social cohesion with quality and well-trained educators in the area of BIC
- to promote the fostering of acquisition of competences based on appreciation and respect for children’s rights as well as educational achievement and on the acceptance of diversity
- to observe, identify and analyse key challenges that educational systems face in areas were the determination of the Best Interest of the Child is a prerequisite
- to prepare methods, tools and processes to support evidence-based policy making In the field of inclusive education
- to create a novel platform for the wider use of adult learning practices across the Member States
- to support the development of innovative ICT-based content and services with a practical focus on common values.
UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, Cyprus
Folkuniversitetet, Stiftelsen kursverksamheten vid Uppsala Universitet, Sweden
The Commissioner for Children’s Rights (CCR), Cyprus
The Cyprus Observatory on School Violence (C.O.S.V) of the Ministry of Education and Culture, Cyprus
Department of Law, University of Valencia, Spain
Center for Social Innovation (CSI), Cyprus
SWEDEN EMILIA-ROMAGNA NETWORK ASSOCIAZIONE (SERN), Sweden
Stimmuli for social change, Greece