The AfriConEu project aims to create the first Trans-Continental Networking Academy for supporting African and European Digital Innovation Hubs (DIHs) in terms of capacity building, knowledge sharing, networking, collaboration, and joint projects and ventures development.
The Specific objectives of the project focus on:
- Explore the digital innovation ecosystem of some African countries and analyse local DIHs needs so as to create tailormade programmes for transforming local hubs into catalysts for digital transformation and entrepreneurship.
- Develop a Flagship Programme on Capacity Building for African DIHs and support thus their further development as well as their potential to drive the digitalization process.
- Develop a Flagship Programme on Trans-continental Partnerships Development and enforce cooperation on an equal footing between African and European DIHs.
- Organise and deliver capacity building, knowledge sharing and new partnership development activities among African and European DIHs and contribute towards a vibrant digital economy and new job opportunities for the benefit of both continents.
- Engage African and European DIHs, entrepreneurs, investors, and policy makers in a community of networked ecosystems that will foster the sustainability of the project results and the exploitation of opportunities between the two continents.
- Foster the diffusion and uptake of the AfriConEu Academy within and beyond the targeted countries, contributing thus to the realization of the “AU-EU digital economy partnership”
Deliver capacity building and knowledge sharing trough AfriConEu Academy about the contribution of DIHs to combat the coronavirus outbreak in Europe and Africa.
LP_INOVA+ Innovation Services, S.A. Portugal
Emerging Communities Africa, Nigeria
Youthmakers Hub, Greece
Associação Porto Business School (PBS) – U.Porto, Portugal
OUTBOX (U) LIMITED, Uganda
dpixel srl, Italy
Stimmuli For Social Change, Greece
ITC – INOVACIJSKO TEHNOLOŠKI GROZD MURSKA SOBOTA, Slovenia
Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology, Tanzania
African Technology Business Network, UK